No, this isn’t a political post. However, launching a writing career feels like a political campaign. Here is what my life has been like for the past few weeks:
- Launch website
- Create Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook presence
- Try to keep up with posts to website and social media
- Look for beta readers for my finished work
- Begin the process of reaching out to agents and publishers
- Stay up-to-date on the news from professional organizations
- Go to my day job (Hey, a girl has to eat!)
- Get a haircut so I don’t look like a monster when I have new photos done for website and social media
- Actually do some WRITING!
Don’t get me wrong, I am beyond excited to be launching this next stage in my career. I guess I’m wondering though, how do other writers do it? What is the secret of managing all of the important duties involved? Do I need more coffee? Whiskey? Maybe both? Which reminds me! Last year for Christmas, my husband gave me the following items.
Yes, a campfire coffee mug and an appropriately named Irish whiskey. Pretty thoughtful, right? For the record, the whiskey, Writers Tears, turned out to be excellent and it has become one of my favorites. FYI, if you ever want to have a whiskey tasting, count me in! When we were in Ireland a few years ago, we had a blast visiting whiskey distilleries. Hmm, there might be a storyline in there… Romance Among the Whiskey Barrels. Ha! I might have to work on that title. Later, friends!